Showroom Operations Resume - Eddie's Covid-19 Response Plan
The health and wellbeing of our employees and customers is of the utmost importance to us. Since the outbreak of the pandemic, we have taken measures to flatten the curve, including the temporary closure of our showrooms, having employees work from home where possible, physical distancing within our facilities for those staff who remain on premises and extra cleaning and disinfecting the work and common areas. We have now decided to begin reopening our showrooms to the public under strict safety guidelines and you will find below information on how we will do our best to keep everyone safe.
Showroom hours are as follows, effective August 31, 2020:
Curbside Pick-Up and Shipping:
Our curbside pick-up hours are M-F 8:30am – 4:30pm
Eddie’s continues to encourage our customers to order by telephone or online rather than coming into our showrooms. After receiving your order, our staff will advise you when it will be available for pick-up, usually the same day. Each Eddie’s location has a dedicated pick-up area which will allow you to receive your goods without entering the showroom. We are also very happy to arrange for your goods to be shipped to you.
Safety Procedures within our Facilities:
- Non-medical face masks are required to be worn while visiting our showrooms.
- If you have or have had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, you must not enter our showroom (or offices or warehouses). Symptoms may include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches and headaches. Our staff has been advised to err on the side of caution and, if they notice a customer showing any of the potential COVID-19 symptoms, to politely ask them to leave.
- No more than 8 customers at a time will be permitted in the Vancouver showroom and no more than 10 customers at a time in the Toronto and Edmonton showrooms. When capacity is reached, customers are kindly requested to line up outside our doors, maintaining a physical distance of at least 2 meters from each other.
- Hand Sanitizer is set out inside the entrance to the showroom as well as at the checkout counter. We ask that you sanitize your hands upon entry into the showroom. We ask that you kindly refrain from touching product on the shelves that you will not be purchasing.
- Shopping baskets and buggies at the front entrance will have been sanitized with disinfectant for your protection. Please leave your basket or buggy at the checkout counter after use (unless you are rolling it to your car) so that it can be disinfected again for the next customer.
- Our commonly touched areas, such as the checkout counter, will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Within the showroom, please maintain physical distance from other customers and staff of at least 2 meters and follow directional and other signage set out throughout the showroom. Please line up at the checkout counter at the spots indicated by floor decals. We have placed acrylic barriers at the checkout counters to offer further protection to our employees and customers during the checkout procedure. Our staff are required to wear face masks/shields while assisting customers in our showrooms.
- At this time, our showrooms will be accepting payment by credit and debit cards. Tap is available